Monday, June 13, 2011

The Lunch Box

You know the music that accompanied the shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho when Janet Leigh was being attacked? That's the same music I heard in my head when I went to open up my 8 year old's lunch box the other day.

I knew this was going to be messy to the extreme. And boy was I right.

True to form, per Burps, Farts, and other Yucks, my 8 year old is pretty mucky. His "holder of smoshed food" is even muckier.

This is what I found when I opened the lunch box:

This picture doesn't do it justice.

The red goo all over the place is apple/strawberry sauce (which ended up all over the inside of his backpack).

Some of the cheerios are adhered to the sauce goo.

The ziplock bag that the cheerios are in is covered in the apple sauce (one thing I hate to handle is wet plastic - gives me shivers)

Oh yeah, and the apple sauce is also smoshed into the seams of the lunch box material.

This is my daily chore - cleaning out the lunch boxes and the 8 year old's is truly disgusting!

Thank GOD I didn't give him a banana...

No comments: