Saturday, April 16, 2011

Toothpaste Tube - End of a Sad Life

So if you're like me, you try to get as much as humanly possible out of the products you purchase. I'm the type of person who will add a little water to the very last drips of shampoo in order to get a final lather out of the bottle. I'll also add a few drops of water to the last bit of salad dressing in the bottle, just enough to get it liquidy enough (not too liquidy that's it's now water) but enough to get the last little bit out of the bottle that would have otherwise not been able to get squeezed out.

(My co-worker - you know who you are - we're on the same page here aren't we hehe, you do it too!)

So this morning my husband was about to throw away the toothpaste tube and open a new one and I basically flipped (this is pre-coffee so don't judge; my mental metre - note CDN spelling - was completely whacked and I'm sure he thought I was about to go into cardiac arrest). So I took that little tube from his quivering hands and I squeezed the last breath of life out of that little sucker, enough to get all four of us our pearly whites did.

See here's the thing. Colgate, Crest, etc, count on folks who are too lazy ass to (marketing lesson here folks) squeeze the life out the toothpaste tube. If a tube is thrown away with any left in it, you need to buy a new one sooner, hence quicker profits for the company. But not me. I'm getting my money's worth out of the $0.97 tube of Walmart purchased tooth scrubber if it kills me. And it nearly did kill me - my fingers are practically bruised damit trying to turn that tube inside out.

I am SuperMom, hell bent on not letting the big guns out smart us little people. I will prevail.

No comments: