Friday, April 15, 2011

Holy Sh@t - that's a lot of fiber

Why is it the older we get the more we worry about getting our fiber intake and staying regular?

I was looking at a bag of Chia powder that belongs to one of my co-workers and when I noticed that there was 7 grams of fiber per 2 tablespoons, I basically yelled out "Holy Shit, that's a lot of fiber" at which point one of my other co-workers started laughing and after about two minutes I finally got it. That then became the quote of the day.

Every now and again, we would out of the blue, say "holy shit that's a lot of fiber" and keep on working as if nothing happened. We do that a lot here, blurting out random oddities.

So of course after I blurted out our quote of the day, we started talking about the fact that most of us have boxes of All Bran Buds at our desks, and/or bring these pooper pellets in Zip Lock baggies to work (I sprinkle mine on yogurt) and that pretty much proves my point, we're getting old and bowel movements are normal conversation between us. Come to think of it, body parts are a regular topic of fun around these parts.

Speaking of body parts, I walked home today over the bridge and there are paintings on the pathway of where pedestrians vs. bikes need to be to avoid collisions, etc., and this is what I saw. Someone took the time to do this mid span of the Lions Gate Bridge:


Very well-endowed paint-man.
Brilliant! Wonder if he eats his fiber?

No comments: