Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken and Snow Pea Stir Fry...with Wine

So Monday night I had completely forgotten about "E's" batting practice. Monday's are usually nights where I can make a real dinner - make something that I've found in one of my magazines. My husband, the other "E", came home while I was preparing everything, to remind me of this practice and that I was to take him - my turn.

I told him I'm making dinner and I've already had some wine but apparently this wasn't going to fly. I was still going to take "E" to batting practice damn it!

So I continued to make dinner...

Chicken and Snow Pea Stir Fry in the April 2011 issue of Canadian Living (my mom gave me)

12 OZ boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
3/4 tsp smoked or sweat paprika
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 OZ cured ham (prosciutto or serrano) julienned (or if you like me smoked Schneider's ham cut up)
5 cups of snow peas
1/4 cup sodium reduced chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of granulated sugar
White or red wine

Drink a few sips of wine.

In a bowl toss together chicken, 1 tbsp of the oil, garlic, paprika and cumin

In wok or skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat; stir fry ham for 10 seconds. Add chicken mixture; stir fry until seared all over. Add snow peas; stir fry 30 seconds.

Add chicken broth...

Oh yeah, chug a large amount of wine to prove that you can't drive to batting practice...

Add chicken broth, salt and sugar; stir fry until peas are tender crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside.

Chug more wine to get that "I can't drive" feeling.

I added cut up mushroom to this dish to get more out of it and it was really good. Drink more wine!



Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 216 cal, 25 g pro, 10 g total fat (2 g sat fat), 7 g carbs, 2 g fibre, 57 mg chol, 413 mg sodium, blah, blah, etc...

Drink more wine.


Jasmine Flavour.
I served this with rice (the nuke kind). This was a really delish meal and I do recommend you make it. Very easy and fast. Even better with wine!

So as am I'm typing this, the Canucks just scored in the over time game 3 vs. Nashville. GO CANUCKS!!!!!

No comments: